Dangerous Electrical EntranceLeave a Comment
As a Registered Home Inspector I see a variety of problems in the homes I inspect. Many are basic/simple maintenance problems that should have been taken care of by the seller before putting the home on the market; why risk the sale when the home owner or handy-man could have clean up half the problems found in the inspection for $500.00 to $,1000.00.
However there is one area that the professional should be brought in, that is electrical. The majority of homes I inspect have some form of electrical issues/problems; some simple, missing cover plates to serious issues with wiring and electrical panel. Many of these conditions are a fire hazard and potential for electric shock/electrocution.
During my year of home inspection training at Durham College I was on an assignment when I came upon the most outrages electrical entrance I ever seen; definitely falls under the “fire hazard and potential for electric shock/electrocution “; no need for a conduit just drop the wires down to the porch roof, into the soffit to the back of the house and then down the wall to the basement.
Home owners have a pre-listing inspection done so that you can clean–up the simple problems and have the professionals correct any major problems for your own safety and a hassle free sale.
Home buyers make sure you hire a Registered Home Inspector so that you can feel confident in the inspector’s training and ability to provide you and your family with the best home inspection possible.